Tuesday, July 8, 2008

KATHRYN CASEY BOOK SIGNING IN TEXAS!

By now it's no mystery. Kathryn Casey's first crime novel is a breakout hit. SINGULARITY landed in bookstores June 24, and reviews are hot. The latest comes from the August issue of Vanity Fair, which lists Kathryn's novel under "Hot Type," along with other current titles Vanity Fair considers "great new books."

And in Sunday's Baltimore Sun, SINGULARITY received high marks from a reviewer taken with the heroine, a woman Texas Ranger. Protagonist Sarah Armstrong has "the makings of a robust and long-lasting series character," said the Sun.

A reviewer for The Tampa Tribune agrees. Calling Armstrong a blend of James Patterson's Alex Cross and Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta, the critic raves "Not since 'Postmortem' has a crime author crafted such a stellar series debut."

Publisher's Weekly calls SINGULARITY "riveting" and Booklist says it's "an impressive fiction debut."

SINGULARITY will make Deadly Pleasures magazine's list of Best Novels of 2008.

Tonight, Kathryn will be autographing copies of SINGULARITY at Murder by the Book in Houston. The event begins at 6:30, with a party to follow across the street at Under the Volcano. If you're in the area, come by and join fans and other WCI contributors as we raise a glass for Kathryn Casey and her red-hot crime fiction debut, SINGULARITY.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ACK. I would love to be there. If you are coming to Austin also please post! I will definately make that one.
Here's wishing you well. Have a blast!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there KC. Awesome about the great reviews.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kathryn! Hope the book signing is standing room only.
Too bad I live hundreds of miles away, or I would definitely be there.

Kathryn Casey said...

Thanks, all! It's much appreciated. Hope I'm able to meet all of you soon!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your fan base is growing with each book...I think you need to do a book tour, and include a few states outside of Texas. (If you come to Charleston, I'll be first in line.) :-)

Kathryn Casey said...

I'd like to, Rae. Believe me I would. Sigh. Maybe, someday! If so, you better be there. LOL

Anonymous said...

I am going to be a Texan soon, so I intend to be seeing you KC.

Anonymous said...

That's right Leah. Looks like you'll have to come by for some BBQ and check out my turtle pond!!

Kathryn Casey said...

Welcome, Leah!

Turtle pond?

Anonymous said...

Thank you KC.

I can't wait Michelle! The turtle pond sounds like fun, doesn't it KC? I might bring my nephews to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Leah!.
You are welcome also KC. Plenty of room for guests.
I have a hundred gallon turtle pond in my front yard that has three red earred slider turtles. I got them the size of a quarter. Now one is the size of a salad plate and the other two are small bowl size. Hence, the necessity of a pond (kept upgrading aquariums.)

Kathryn Casey said...

Sounds like fun, Ladies!