There are those who still believe Haleigh will be found, perhaps hidden by her biological mother or sold into a child sex ring. Most, however, believe Haleigh died that night and someone has gotten away with her murder, at least for the past year.
Exactly when Ron went to work and what exact hours he can prove he was there have never been made clear. But, at 3:30 in the morning, Misty Croslin placed a phone call to 911:
- Does Ronald do enough of a search for Haleigh when he arrives home?
- Do we have proof that Haleigh couldn’t have died before Ronald went to work?
- Could Ronald have disposed of Haleigh’s body on the way to work, at the work location, or on the way home?
- Could Ronald have instructed Misty to dump Haleigh’s body somewhere while he was at work so he would have an alibi?
- Was Ronald faking sobs on the 911 call and during his television interviews?
- Why does Ronald immediately say he is going to kill the guy who stole his child rather than hoping police find her and save her life?
- Could the guy Ronald be talking about actually be himself? Sometimes liars pick a truthful situation and change either the person involved or the time of the event in order to tell the story somewhat truthfully but take themselves out of the perpetrator’s role.
- Why is Ronald willing to get himself the death penalty for killing the guy or guys who “took his child” but not willing to beat up Misty for lying to him about what happened to his daughter?
- Why would Ronald continue to live with, sleep with, and marry a woman who won’t tell him what she knows about his child’s disappearance?
- Why doesn’t Ronald seem to care about his other child, Junior?
- Why would Ronald say Haleigh would be happy he was marrying Misty? Wouldn’t he want his daughter to be able to attend the wedding and celebrate with him this special day?
- How could Ronald get married while his daughter was somewhere dead or being raped and tortured?
- Why would Ronald spend money on a tattoo of Haleigh rather than use the money to find her?
- Why, if Ronald thinks some guys came and took Haleigh, doesn’t he try to find those guys?