Monday, April 28, 2008

Scientology: Church or Domestic Terrorist?

by Stacy Dittrich

I have been chipping away at my latest CeeCee Gallagher book in which CeeCee investigates a religious doomsday cult. During my research phase, which entailed the awful task of researching every cult known to man, I came across the FBI report Project Megiddo. The project was directed at doomsday religions prior to the new millenium, and I was a little surprised to see a reference to Scientology in it. Since I wasn't completely informed about the group, I furthered my research. In speaking with my own contact at the FBI, I learned that cults fall under Homeland Security as potential domestic terrorists. Needless to say, in my research of Scientology, I was disturbed on so many levels it's difficult to know where to begin. I always wondered why my glorious ancestral home of Germany rejected it; now I know why. First and foremost, is the ongoing classification as the cult as a "religion" or a "church." Here's what my dictionary says:

Church: Building for Christian worship, a whole body of Christians

Religion: Service and worship of God

Nowhere in my research did I see anything resembling God or Christianity in Scientology. Read on:

Cult: A faddish devotion (bingo!)

The media put such an emphasis on referring to displaced Katrina residents as "refugees" politically incorrect, I'm surprised this wording is still continued for Scientology-considering it's mentally unstable founder considered it a "business" to begin with. Project Megiddo explained the "Lethal Triad" of cults and how, if the components of the triad are met, the cult is deemed a danger to society. ie Scientology. Here are some facts about the founder of the cult, L. Ron Hubbard, and what the Scientologists say about him . . .

Scientologists: Hubbard was a nuclear physicist

Fact: Hubbard dropped out of college in the 2nd year after receiving F's in most courses

Scientologists: They shun psych drugs

Fact: Hubbard was found with Vistaril (psych drug) in his system when he died

Scientologists: They reject homosexuality as perversion

Fact: In 1967, Hubbard bought a small fleet of ships he called the "Sea Organization" and deemed himself "The Commodore." With that, he was attended by a large harem of teenage girls--"The Commodore's Messengers"--dressed in tight white pants that bathed and fed him" (a sexual predator in my book)

Scientologists: They reject homosexuality

Fact: Hubbard's own son was a homosexual, and died under mysterious circumstances--suicide or murder

Scientologists:
Hubbard's a genius

Fact: Scientology started out as a science fiction book that was so bad he couldn't get it published, so he decided to start a religion. He was quoted as saying, "The easiest way to make a million dollars is to start your own religion."

Scientologists: They deny being a cult

Fact: In 1946, Hubbard and Jack Parsons (an associate of occultist Aleister Crowley) engaged in ritual magic including sex magic rituals called the Babalon Working; a ritual derived from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. . . . Some experts believe he based many Scientology teachings on this

Scientologists: Hubbard was a U.S. Intelligence Agent put undercover to end Parsons sex rituals

Fact: Ummm, nooo.

Bottom line: L. Ron was a fraud, mentally ill, sexual deviant, who possibly had his own son murdered. In addition, they are dangerous. Read this account from the BBC who took on Scientology:

On May 12, 2007 Journalist John Sweeney of BBC Panorama made highly critical comments regarding Scientology and its teachings, and further reported that since beginning an extensive investigation he had been harassed, surveilled, and investigated by strangers. Sweeney wrote, "I have been shouted at, spied on, had my hotel invaded at midnight, denounced as a "bigot" by star Scientologists and chased round the streets of Los Angeles by sinister strangers. Back in Britain strangers have called on my neighbors, my mother-in-law's house and someone spied on my wedding and fled the moment he was challenged." In another passage, "He [Scientology representative Tommy Davis] harangued me for talking to […] heretics. I told him that Scientology had been spying on the BBC and that was creepy." And in another passage, "In LA, the moment our hire car left the airport we realized we were being followed by two cars. In our hotel a weird stranger spent every breakfast listening to us."[190][191]

The Church of Scientology called John Sweeney's documentary (first aired May 14, 2007) into question and produced its own documentary in which it claimed to have documented 154 violations in the BBC's and OfCom's guidelines. [192]

In a small attempt to give Scientology the benefit of the doubt, I went further and found this:

Some past traumas may have been deliberately inflicted in the form of "implants" used by extraterrestrial dictatorships such as Helatrobus to brainwash and control the population. Hubbard's lectures and writings include a wide variety of accounts of complex extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events, collectively described by Hubbard as "space opera." There is a huge Church of Spiritual Technology symbol carved into the ground at Scientology's Trementina Base that is visible from the air. Washington Post reporter Richard Leiby wrote: "Former Scientologists familiar with Hubbard’s teachings on reincarnation say the symbol marks a 'return point' so loyal staff members know where they can find the founder’s works when they travel here in the future from other places in the universe."

Hmmm . . . reminds me of another cult. Heaven's Gate (Gate Leader Marshall Applewhite pictured left, and Hubbard pictured right) believed in the power of extraterrestrials as well.


Another Fact:

The Cult Awareness Network famously received more complaints concerning Scientology than any other group. They therefore listed the Church of Scientology at the top of their cult list, until they went into bankruptcy from suits initiated by Scientology (1996). Ultimately, they were bought in Bankruptcy Court by the Church of Scientology (1997).

Punishing myself further, I watched a video featuring the deranged poster child (Yes, Tom Cruise) promote Scientology. Watch video here. I find it interesting that Cruise, raised a Catholic and turned his back on it years ago, seems to specifically target Catholic women as a "mate," in an attempt to exert total control and give God the middle finger. "Ha! Grabbed me another one!" Like the video in which Cruise seems to have a psychotic episode right before your eyes (it's really rather disturbing), their own Web site is worse. To read it, I wonder what logical person living in reality could possibly relate to this, let alone believe in it?

In the video, Tom Cruise states, "We are the authority, we are the ONLY ones who can rehabilitate criminals." Sorry, Tommy, this makes me angry. Next sex offender I deal with that brutally rapes children, I'll send your way. You can rehabilitate them, and then have them babysit your daughter and see how much you "believe."

The Cult of Scientology has faced allegations of member suicides, deaths, and psychotic breaks-a.k.a., cult . . . cult . . . cult . . . cult They are dangerous. I hope the government won't wait twenty years to dissolve the sect like they did the recent polygamist ranch. Once they do, I predict the stories that come out of this domestic terrorist cult will be horrendous--extortion; sex crimes; theft by deception; practicing medicine without a license; obstructing justice; assault; abduction; and other crimes, none of which would surprise me. I look forward to future-- federal--indictments.

(Tom Cruise) (Jim Jones)

Justice Anderson of the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia, an extremely intelligent individual, said this: " Scientology is evil; its techniques are evil; its practice is a serious threat to the community, medically, morally, and socially; and its adherents are sadly deluded and often mentally ill (I would insert Tom Cruise here) . . . It is the world's largest organization of unqualified persons engaged in the practice of dangerous techniques which masquerade as mental therapy. . . ."

To answer your question, Mr. Cruise--No, I'm NOT on board. . . . Sue me.

As always, this is just my opinion.

10 comments:

Jan C said...

Ha! If Scientology wasn't so powerful, it would almost be funny. I can picture L. Ron getting high one night and telling his friends, "I'm gonna invent me a religion and see who comes." He has to be one of the ultimate scammers. No way could he believe what he preached. It's scary, though, that people are so needy for some guiding power in their lives that they get sucked into this craziness.

Anonymous said...

"Deranged poster child" - I love it.

I have to point out that Scientology is not only anti-psych drugs, but also considers psychiatry to be a pseudo-science ("I know the history of psychiatry", said the deranged poster child), and that is having a lethal effect on some members. I recall one mother whose Scientology, schizophrenic son stabbed her to death because the cult preached him taking the drugs needed for his condition. It's becoming less a faddish cult and more outright dangerous, especially with spokespeople like DPC.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, meant to say "the cult preached against him taking the drugs..."

Anonymous said...

Back in 1995 my husband & I were in Clearwater, FL for 1 1/2 yr. My husband flew in and out of Clearwater airport every week. It's a small airport. Every week we saw members of the Church of Scientology with children. The children were always with different ethnic adults. i.e. never appeared as a natural family. We always felt something strange was going on. Just an interesting tidbit of info. Wondering if anyone else has every seen or heard anything strange involving children and that cult. They made no secret they were scientologist. Many people spoke of it. Numerous stories in St Pete Times about cult while we were there. They have a large facility there.

Stacy Dittrich said...

Cherry,

Funny,I'm a frequent visitor to Clearwater as well. The city that used to shun the scientologists are now embracing it due to the financial income it's receiving from the cult (Finances gained by duping people). It's amazing to watch them all wander around downtown with their "deer in the headlights" look.

I read an article in the St.Pete's news about allegations of the cult becoming abusive and assaulting downtown business people while attempting to recruit.

Now, I'm simply curious to see what it will take for the government to step up and shut them down....

Best,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Have any of you checked this website out about scientology? www.theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com I thought it interesting.

Levi said...

Tom Cruise thinks he has the power to rehab criminals? This crap is laughable!

I always knew it was a religion full of people who were a couple of tacos short of a Mexican platter. Stacy, after reading your post, I'm convinced these morons need to be put in a straight jacket! LOL

Anonymous said...

The video is priceless! Tom Cruise thinks he's really the mission impossible character. What a ego-maniac!!

Anonymous said...

Operation Clambake is another good site for the truth about Scientology.

That video was priceless, I agree. "You're either with us or...you're not."

Anonymous said...

Very well done. Rex Fowler, not Tom Cruise, should be appointed to head up Criminon-at least from the Colorado Correctional Institute. Hopefully, his self-inflicted brain injuries will not prevent him from realizing how he is as much a victim of this insidious cult as convicted murderer.